Commitment to common challenges
The International Trade Centre evaluates host country requests for their commitment, geopolitical significance and the possibility to be a springboard for longer-term impact in the country, the region and beyond.
- Geopolitically important for its strategic location between Europe and Asia, and firmly committed to multilateralism.
- A thought leader on issues facing landlocked nations, through its International Think Tank for Landlocked Developing Countries.
- A global leader on battling deforestation through its ‘1 billion trees by 2030’ initiative.
- Open for new business and investment outside of the traditional mining sector, with potential in services as well as value-added agribusiness.
- An emerging actor in technology-enabled trade to overcome landlocked challenges through digital services, software innovation development and fintech.
- Host to a vibrant small business sector, including an educated workforce of women and youth-led firms.
Mongolia’s commitment to hosting the World Export Development
Forum comes from the highest levels in the country and the private
sector, including the Office of the President, the Parliament, key
ministries and the Mongolian National Chamber of Commerce and
Many institutions in the international development community are
committed to supporting the path to diversify exports in Mongolia,
the region and beyond. They, too, see the World Export Development
Forum as a catalyst to shift awareness and action to make trade
sustainable, green and inclusive. They see in this event the
- Feed into global discussions on common trade challenges.
- Hear new perspectives on making trade more inclusive for women and youth.
- Share expertise with a very targeted, relevant network.
- Work together on solutions that are replicable and adaptable to many contexts.
- Discover business opportunities and gain awareness on capacity-building needs.
Through WEDF 2023, Mongolia signals its intent to carve out a
cutting-edge, inclusive and practical trade development path. This
path resonates with ITC’s strategic approach to trade development
and those of its partner institutions.